Safety COVID-19 Protocols in the Clinic
How do I book an appointment?
Use the online booking on our website. Make sure you are selecting the treatment you want!
You can book a same-day appointment, but you have to do it online to ensure contactless payment.
How do I pay?
You pay online when you book so we can process your payment without touching your card. The payment process is fast and secure. Your card will be saved on file for easy payment in future.
What is your cancellation policy?
You will be charged IN FULL for your appointment if you:
- Don’t show up
- Give us less than 24 hours notice and we can’t fill your appointment
- Arrive with any symptoms of COVID-19
Our online booking system allows you to reschedule your appointment 24 hours or longer in advance of your appointment time.
If you must cancel with less than 24 hours notice, please email us as early as possible to increase the chances that we can fill your appointment.
When should I NOT come to the clinic?
If you’ve been out of the country or have been exposed to COVID-19, you must wait 2 weeks before coming in for an appointment. We’re all very familiar with this now!
Please reschedule if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, including:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches
- Sore throat
If you DO show up with symptoms, you will be turned away and charged for the appointment.
In other words:
STAY HOME IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS, HOWEVER SLIGHT, AND CALL 8-1-1.
To keep you safe, we will also reschedule if we have flu-like symptoms.
There are no exceptions to this policy. It is here to stay.
What do I need to do BEFORE my appointment?
You must fill out two forms to be treated in the clinic:
- When you book your appointment, we’ll send you a new INTAKE FORM to fill out. This form has updated INFORMED CONSENT information specific to COVID-19. We are legally required to have this on file, so you gotta do it.
- Two hours before your appointment, you’ll receive an EMAIL REMINDER SURVEY you must fill out. This will include a COVID-19 screening questionnaire asking you about any signs and/or symptoms. We’ve got to have your response before your appointment to be able to treat you.
Plan to come alone to your appointment unless you are accompanying a minor or you need assistance.
Plan to be wearing a MASK before you enter the clinic. It can be a scarf, bandana, medical-grade or other face covering. Just be sure it’s comfortably secured so you won’t have to fuss with it. We may have masks available, but would prefer if you brought your own.
Bring or wear an extra layer of clothing because we can no longer supply blankets. It’s easy to get chilled during an acu-nap.
Please travel light and carry only one small bag or purse into the clinic with you.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Your Visit to the Clinic
What do I do when I arrive for my appointment?
Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment. If you’re late we will not be able to treat you and you will be charged a missed appointment fee.
What happens when I enter the clinic?
Here’s what happens when you step inside:
- Use the hand sanitizer at the front desk
- We’ll ask you to go to the bathroom and wash your hands well. This is mandatory.
- Choose your (thoroughly disinfected) chair. Allow the surface to dry before sitting down.
What will be different in the clinic with COVID-19?
We’re still the same caring acupuncturists you know and love, but you’ll spot a few changes. We want you to feel safe in our space:
- We’ll be reminding you to wash your hands and not touch your face!
- You may notice a new smell. It’s called bleach. We’ll be disinfecting the chairs between clients and sanitizing all high-touch surfaces.
- We will be wearing masks. Gloves are not required, but we may wear them for our own protection. (Gloves do not offer as much protection as regular handwashing.) We may also don some fashion-forward scrubs to ensure our bubble safety.
- We will NOT be providing blankets, tea, or eye masks for now. But we will provide ear plugs, as we suspect the clinic will be a little bit louder now that we can’t rock right up beside you or whisper in your ear.
- We’ll leave your needles in for no longer than 45 minutes to allow enough space between clients.
What do I do at the end of my treatment?
Wash your hands again! And float on out the door in a state of acu-bliss.